Thursday, October 2, 2008

JANE4girls: An Inspiring Woman

I tell people when they first start couponing/deal seeking that they can save hundreds off of their grocery budget. Then shortly, they want to know how much my grocery budget is. And I am happy to tell them, because I want to encourage them as to what is possible. My family's grocery budget is $200 a month. Now, don't feel sorry for me! My pantries overfloweth!! That is for a family of 3. If we have another baby, I will be able to keep the budget the same. In fact, I could probably do less right now, but I am comfortable with that number. That breaks down to about $46 a week.

I am telling you this for a reason!

Meet JANE4girls. This woman is amazing! She feeds her family of 4 on a budget of $800 a YEAR! This includes eating out. Oh my. That is a little over $15 a week. And they are not missing out on anything! Her real name is Erin. She lives in Katy, Texas just outside of Houston. She mainly covers groceries and couponing on her blog, it is totally worth checking out. She has now become a correspondent for a news channel there giving tips on saving. All I can say is WOW!

1 comment:

kidsgig said...

This blog is great! Thank you so much for the time you invest. I look forward to seeing "Frugality" in my inbox! ;-)