Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Frugal Find: Save on eating out!


This is for all my coupon buddies! This is my first attempt at blogging. I have been regularly sharing deals with many of my frugal friends via email. I'm hoping this format will make it more accessible to everyone who might be interested. So please share with your friends.

So, here is my first frugal find for you to enjoy!

Restaurant.com is a website that lets you purchase gift certificates for restaurants at a discount. For instance you can buy a $25 gc to Cozymel's for $10. Well, until 9/30 you can get 60%off your purchase by entering the code FALL. This means I pay $4 for the $25 gc. In the Ft. Worth area there are not many restaurants, but there are many in Dallas. I was looking for my family in Oklahoma City and they have a ton of choices. Every restaurant has its own stipulations on how you can use the gift certificate, so be sure to read that. I think this is a great deal, especially for gift giving. I am planning on doing the Dinner of the Month club for my family for Christmas with this 60% off promo. $12 for 3months of Dinner of the Month Club! But it is also a good deal just to save your family on eating out. Just be sure and to click "No thanks" to all of the special offers after checkout.

Okay, so to make the deal sweeter, you can make your purchase through ebates.com and get 15% of your restaurant.com purchase back. Ebates is awesome if you do any online shopping. Basically, you start on ebates website and click the store you want to shop at and a percentage of what you spend is paid back to you through ebates. And the good news is when you make your first purchase through ebates you get an automatic $5 posted to your accout. It is a win, win situation. They send you the money in the form of a check. I call that free money! Whoo hoo.

Last year, about this time I followed the Hot Tips on the Grocerygame message board and did most of my Christmas shopping online. If it was available I went to the online store (like buy.com) through ebates and got a little bit back on my already awesome deals. This year I will be checking Hotcouponworld for deals as well.

Okay, well that's it for today!
Be blessed and happy saving!

No comments: